Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 21 - A Melody


I am a sucker for a mellow song.  My friends have known this about me since high school.  There is something about the natural rhythm of strings playing on a hollow carved out piece of wood.  It's so natural and smooth.  And with the accompaniment of a soft voice and the right words can just make everything right.

Do you have that song that just puts everything into perspective?  You could be driving in your car thinking about the traffic, what you're going to have for dinner when you get home, or all the numerous things you still have to get done before more things pile up.  But then that song comes on the radio and just for a moment you're entwined with the melody and everything is at peace.  Because all that matters at that moment in your life is you.  The other things will happen when they happen.  But when you're all alone in your car, it's just you and the melody, so take it in. Hmm..

Today, I found God's love in a melody.  It reminded me to slow down and take some time to breath in the wonders and joys of my blessed life.  Take a moment for yourself, my friends, and listen to that song :)

P.S. A new goal of mine: learn to play the acoustic guitar.  Jack Johnson makes it looks so peaceful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment