Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 20 - College Graduation!

I am officially a college graduate!!! I have the letters BASW after my name.  And I feel like I can do anything in the world right now.  One of my friend's status' on facebook was "Today is the FIRST day of the rest of our lives."  With those simple words a huge storm of emotions streamed through me.  This gives me so much hope of the opportunities and possibilities in front of me, and makes me anxious and worried that I will be stuck doing something I hate for the rest of my life.


The graduation ceremony was an amazing experience. After the entire class of 2010 received their diplomas, the president of the college asked us to stand.  Once we all stood, the entire crowd of family members and friends gave us a standing ovation.  Since I was in the front of all the graduates, I could point out where my family was and watched as they stood their clapping and smiling for me.  It was a moment I will never forget.  I had eight beautiful, loving family members and friends, who at that moment all joined together in unison to congratulate me on this milestone in my life.  The tears filled my eyes and I felt like I was on top of the world.  I have never felt so appreciated and supported by my family and friends as on that day when I made my family proud to graduate with a Bachelor's of Arts in Social Work with the honors of Summa Cum Laude.

To the class of 2010:

No comments:

Post a Comment