Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 7 - "Love is like the wind. I cannot see it, but I can feel it"

That quote is from one of my favorite movies, A Walk to Remember.  As I'm doing this love quest, I am realizing that most of what I'm searching for cannot be seen, only felt.  The best I can do is explain how I feel, and the rest is up to you to believe.  Those of you that believe in God and have seen His presence in your lives will be able to understand and follow my every word.

I tried to share what I'm doing with some skeptical people the other day.  They seemed curious about my blog, but didn't really have faith in me or believe in me, maybe because they don't believe in God.  When they asked me about my blog, I felt like they were mocking me.  That was one of the reasons why I didn't want to do this blog out of fear of skepticism.  Yet, I know I shouldn't let the negative feedback hold me back from sharing such wonderful experiences of love with the world.  Despite all the set backs from others around me, God could be doing great things with this blog.

Since I feel like I'm being judged, I'm having a hard time seeing God recently even though I know he is there. The best that I can do is share this song with you. I heard this song on KLove the other day and I really enjoyed it.  It's called "Love never fails" by Brandon Heath. It is a song about 1 Corinthians 13 one of my favorite passages from the bible.
 

This song is so beautiful.  It makes me feel so relaxed and at ease because it reminds me of the love that God has for me that is not hiding from me.  In this quest, most of the time I am searching for love out in the world, when ultimately that love that I am searching for is inside of me, where it has always been and always will be.  As much as I try to point it out to people to prove to them that- that - right there- that's love, I can't. Because love is like the wind. I cannot see it, but I can feel it. 


1 Corinthians 13 
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathon all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. 
 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preservers.   
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where these is knowledge, it will pass away.  For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.  When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.  When I became man, I put childish ways behind me.  Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.  Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully know. 
And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love.  But the greatest of these is love.

2 comments:

  1. Your post title reminded me of a quote someone told me once. I think it is from the movie American Beauty. As a man looking at a plastic bag blowing in the wind, he said that it was the most beautiful thing in the world. This is because you can't see the force, but you can see it's effects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. I like that a lot. I want to see that movie now. That makes me think that you can't see God's love, but you can see it's effects. So maybe that's what I'm looking for. :o) Awesome! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete