Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 18 - Sunshine

I think everyone would agree that there is something magical about the sun.

Maybe it the way that it changes the colors of the sky when it's on the brink of the horizon....

Or possibly it is the way it shines and reflects upon an ocean, a river, a lake, or a pond....

Or maybe... it is the way that the sun's rays peak in between the holes in the clouds creating spotlights on the earth...
Perhaps it is the science of the sun that is so magical?  I honestly could not even go into the chemistry of how the sun continues to shine day in and day out, or how it brings trees and flowers to life, or how it keeps the solar system spinning around without the planets colliding into each other, or how it gives us the energy that we need everyday.

Maybe it's the mere fact that it gives us light.

Today, I have found God's love is in the sunshine.  The sun is the everyday reminder of God's presence in my life. Everyday, no matter where I am, if I'm having a good day or a bad day, I can always look up to the sun and know that God is looking down upon me leading me and guiding me through my day.  The rays of the sun are like God's arms reaching out and embracing me, giving me peace.

There is something very, very magical about the sun... when you look at the sun, what do you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment