Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 11 - Searching for the Light in the Darkness

I'd like to make an apology to all my readers.  I am sorry that I have not posted in a while.  I have really been struggling with a recent event lately and have not had the courage or time to get myself to post.  I really don't feel comfortable sharing the event with the whole world, but I feel that this must be a part of my journey. 

I'm sure many of you can somehow relate to what I am going through, if not the exact same story.  I feel like at some point in all of our lives we must go through some darkness.  Whether you believe it is spurred upon us by the will of God or by chance or Karma, we all go through it.  And right now I am going through one of those times.  I don't feel safe and the one thing that I have always felt like I could rely on (God) does not make me feel safe.  I feel like my life is out of control and anything could happen to me at any moment, because there is evil in this world.  It's a horrible feeling.  I have tried to pray to get some clarity in this situation.  I would like to believe that God could perform a miracle for me to take away all the evil that surrounds me. But if God were to perform a miracle, why would he choose me? I'd rather he perform a much more meaningful miracle to change the whole world for good.

I hope you don't mind me asking you to say a little pray for me.
As I draw nearer to Jesus' fiery love, I also draw the evil of Satan's attacks. Jesus, protect me from such great evil. Let not Satan or his fiends approach me. Keep me under Your harmonious auspice, for I am Your follower of righteousness!
Once again I apologize for the darkness of this post.  But I think this event that has happened in my life is a great reminder that I need to seek God most of all when I'm going through the darkness. 

2 comments:

  1. maybe try looking for God in a "big" (in a non-literal sense) black woman looking out for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soo right! Thank you for that! :o) That is so amazing how God works and makes his presence known to me.

    For those of you that are confused. My neighbor is a black woman and what she has done for me in this situation I could not thank her enough.

    ReplyDelete