Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 9 - I am a Peacebuilder, are you?

We are a Proud PeaceBuilders Site!

So I have mentioned this Peacebuilder program at this school that I work at a few times now. If you want to know more about it, you can click the image above and it will direct you to the Peacebuilders' web site.

At this school that I work as a social work intern, I do presentations on Peacebuilders in classrooms. Or as what the kids call me, "The Peacebuilder Chick." Doing this program is so encouraging. At first many of the kids were really skeptical and thought that it was lame. I mean if I was a pre-teen, I would think the same thing. Then the more and more I come to their classrooms and talk about real stuff that they are experiencing at school like name calling, bullying, and asking others for help, it hits them pretty close to home. Now I can see it in their eyes when I come to the classroom, they want to learn the next thing to make their world a more positive place. It's doing this program everyday that makes me really feel like I'm making a difference in the world, and that I'm living out the purpose God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment